Chocolate Heaven Energy Balls
Here are my delicious and absolutely scrumptious chocolate heaven energy balls! These are the perfect afternoon pick me up to give you a boost in energy or an amazing treat for your kids for dessert or as an after school snack. These are so easy to make. All you need is a pretty good blender (that can blend a thicker consistency) and some top notch ingredients! What makes these full of energy? Well it is the combination and perfect proportion of fats, protein, fibre and carbs. Making you feel nice and full and giving you sustained energy that will last much longer than consuming any empty nutrient-low carbs or consuming a stimulating substance (life coffee!). It is also lovingly made with a secret ingredient known to give you a boost in CLEAN energy and boost our feel good hormones (our friend matcha!). Stay away from that afternoon coffee to pick you up, and instead opt for one of these guys.
- 3/4 cup macadamia and cashew butter or almond butter
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (not cocoa powder! You want the real stuff that is high in magnesium and not full of sugar. I use the Navitas Naturals Brand)
- 1/2 tsp match green tea powder (again choose a matcha powder that doesn't have cane sugar or any preservatives added to it)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- unsweetened coconut (for rolling)
- Add all wet ingredients-macadamia and cashew butter (or almond butter), tahini and maple syrup to a food processor and blend on high speed until completely mixed together.
- Add all dry ingredients to the wet mixture- quinoa flakes, oat bran, tahini, sesame seeds, cacao powder and matcha green tea powder. Process on high speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread unsweetened coconut onto a large plate or cutting board in preparation for rolling the balls.
- Make small round balls from the mixture.
- Roll balls into the shredded coconut, coating the energy balls as much as possible with the coconut.
- Place in the fridge so they keep longer. They will stay nice and fresh for up to 2 weeks, so make a big batch and grab on the go for the perfect pick me up!
- Enjoy the chocolatey heaven!