Chocolate Chia Cookies
Wow. Talk about high fiber cookies right here. Are you getting enough daily fiber? And I mean quality fiber from whole natural sources? According to the institute of medicine, women need atleast 25 grams of fiber and men need atleast 38 grams of fiber daily. Eating a wholesome diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds will help you achieve optimal fiber levels. But, what about in your dessert or snack as well? What if you could get a generous amount of fiber from a homemade cookie? Well, it is quite possible with these delicious delights I baked up for the weekend. These cookies are packed with fiber and so much deliciousness! They contain pecans, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and dates which all have generous amounts of fiber (not to mention healthy fats and a ton of magnesium!). Along with my secret ingredient. My favorite psyllium husk fiber supplement to give it that extra fiber boost. So, now you can indulge and enjoy your snack too knowing that you are eating whole natural ingredients and you are contributing to your daily fiber intake.
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1/3 of a cup of brown rice syrup
- 6 dates (non pitted)
- 1/4 of a almond milk or coconut milk (I use Silk brand almond and coconut blend)
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk fiber supplement (I use Fibergy™ Plus you can contact me here for orders)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use 70% or higher) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients- pecans, pumpkin seeds, quinoa flour, chia seeds, cacao powder, psyllium husk fiber supplement and sea salt into a food processor and process on high speed.
- Add in all wet ingredients to the blended mixture- brown rice syrup, dates, almond/coconut milk and coconut oil.
- Spoon full portions onto a non-stick cookie sheet. If you like your cookies a bit crispier and thinner flatten them to your desired preference.
- Cook at 350 F for 20 minutes.